Vault Vol 1. - the '70s Classic Tracks (1975-1981)
"The Atomic Bomb Club"
Jack Knetzger (git,v) & Derrick Bostrom (drums)
Paradise Valley, AZ 1977-81
(tracks provided by Derrick Bostrom)
- Ringo's Theme (Beatles) - Jack channels Art Fern and John Lennon on the vocal. Perfect Bostrom Starr take as usual. A duo, no bass, like most ABC.
- Fire (Hendrix) - there were two eras in ABC - before and after the Fender Reverb unit, a tube-driven reverb head that got plugged into Jack's Marshall combo for swampy results. Rare jam features Cris Kirkwood on bass, and Kevin Craig on vocals.
- Night of the Living Dead (Misfits) - heroic punk vocal cover from Jack. Amazing tempi, listen to the tight tom patterns on the bridges from Bostrom. Cris Kirkwood-bass.
- I Wanna Be Your Man (Beatles) - Sometimes the Strat-Marshall combo was too much even for Jack to control, as evidenced by the out of control noise rave up at the onset. Turns into a fine chugger, Jack vocal. Fantastic fandango treble pickup lead spot from which Jack could not return. Curt Kirkwood on bass.
- I Call Your Name (Beatles) - Another super drum performance from Bostrom, Jack attempting more Lennon scream builds on the choruses. Again, the lead spotlet denoues into a song fragment ending, a classic ABC device. Curt Kirkwood-bass.
- Highway Chile (Hendrix) - If he got decent fakes for a couple chords and a riff or two, Jack did Hendrix. This HC features an extended improv rythym/feedback lead for 3/4 of the track before the Jack vocal appears. Curt Kirkwood-bass.
more ABC tracks & info
JK (git,v), Emmett Kilgariff (bass,v),
John Nicholls(?) (git, v), Scott Vick (drums)
Phoenix, AZ Sept 1981
(thanks to Emmett Kilgariff, for the tracks
and jogging my memory.)